Saturday, October 29, 2011

29 October 2011



The blow flies came out last week.  They’re terrible.  It is enough that I don’t enjoy my walk in the morning.  They try to get in your nose, eyes and mouth.  If we get up early enough that it’s still cool, they don’t bother us, but the sun is coming up so early now, that won’t be possible much longer.

I drove home from the church!  Ray almost chickened out, letting me.  But I drove away before he could get out of his seat belt.  Yes, I did the American wave too!  But we made it home in one piece okay.

Have you heard the news about Qantas Airlines locking down their whole fleet because of unrealistic demands by the unions?  It’s left hundreds, maybe even thousands stranded.  Australia is all up in arms.  We watched Darby Day on the TV today.  It’s part of the Melbourne Cup tournament.  I even heard allusions to Phar Lap at one time this week!  He really is a legend!

Tomorrow, besides teaching my S.S. lesson, I am furnishing a big pot of Ammon’s Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder for Soup Sunday.  Then in the evening, all the young adults are coming to our flat for CES Fireside, which is another session of Gen. Conference.  They have only seen the Sunday morning session so far, plus the men saw the Priesthood session at President Holder’s house.  We’re showing the Sunday afternoon session for one hour; then they’re stopping for dinner, then one more hour of conference.  So I have been preparing my dish for that too today.  We had no appointments, so we spent the day shopping, cleaning our flat and cooking, besides our regular study time.  

1 comment:

Michael Maloy said...

I need someone to send me this famous Chicken Corn Chowder recipe! michael.maloy@slcgov.com