Sunday, October 23, 2011

24 October 2011


24 October 2011

We got up early this Monday morning to come over to the church and get on the internet by Google+ and talk to our kids.  We have tried now for and hour and a half with only a few glimpses.  Our connection keeps breaking off.  It’s so very frustrating.  We think that because it’s Sunday afternoon in America, the church’s WiFi connection is flooded with people trying to do their ward finances, etc., plus hundreds of missionaries on this side of the date line trying to make contact with home, it may be that.  The only time we saw flashes of our kids this morning was when we tried using our own prepaid broadband connection stick, but the weather here now is very blustery, which may be why we keep losing the connection there too.  We are naturally very disappointed, especially because this has happened so often.  But at least we did see many of them for a second or two.  The ones in Utah were all gathered at Ammon’s for dinner.  It makes me so happy to see them keeping such close contact with each other.   I miss them, but seeing them, even for 2 seconds, makes me feel more at ease, knowing everything at home is okay.  Yesterday in my Sunday School lesson, I had an opportunity to bear my testimony about families being the way Heavenly Father meant for us to be happy together, and marriage being ordained of God. 

My first time to teach the class, and wouldn’t you know it, I had to teach about sexual morality, and guess who came to my class?  One of the member’s son and his girlfriend!  Oh, my goodness…  It was awkward.  Thank goodness, the second counselor to the branch president and his wife attended with some of the other young adults that day!  They all made good comments that helped me out.  Then I got a text message last night from one of the girls in the class who has been hesitant to accept me, saying that I had given a good lesson and that she loves me.  So things are beginning to look better there!

(Later...)We took a nap today, and when the phone rang, you should have seen my Ray banging around on the clock radio!  "It just won't go off!"  I told him finally that it wasn't the radio, but the telephone...too late.  Now we were both awake, and didn't know who called.  There are unfamiliar bells and whistles everywhere.  We never know if the washer is done, or the timer is going off, or if the darned birds outside our window are mimicking the telephone!

Now we got our laundry done, and our house cleaning.  We're going to drive out to Little Grove Golf Course, where we have heard the kangaroos like to congregate, many of them with little joeys in their pouches.  This is a sight we want to see.  It's still blustery though.  Maybe this won't be the day.  We'll take our camera (for all the good it will do)!

Joey is hiding

2 comments:

Angie said...

Mom and Dad,
We were disappointed too! We've been wanting to talk to you!

Erin said...

We saw small glimpses but it is so good even to see that. You are both so cute! I can just see you both getting a good laugh at dad trying to turn off the alarm clock wen the phone rang. I laughed so hard I had tears.