Saturday, October 29, 2011

28 October 2011

Hi!  Guess what!  We taught a real discussion today with a non-member!  (Not our first, but the most positive so far.)  It was so much fun, and we are excited about her.  But I won't tell you about her just yet.  We'll see if she comes to church on Sunday.  We have an important appointment tonight with another one.


We had a great district meeting this morning with our Elders, Martin and Ellingson, training us with the training they got at zone meeting.  They are very good missionaries.  Elder Martin is strict about the rules with his greenie.  They are going with us on an outing on Monday.  We are beginning to feel like real missionaries.  We were disappointed, however, not to be invited to Perth last week for zone conference.  The mission president doesn't even have us report to him regularly.  I guess he figures we can be trusted.  Also, most of our work is with members.  This first month has been hard in some ways because we haven't had investigators or known what to do with our time so much.  I had some feelings that we weren't really needed, but I feel a lot better now.  It looks like Ray is going to be called to at least one of the branch presidencies soon.  I don't know how that will affect me.


Today Western Australia is celebrating the Queen's birthday.  She is visiting Perth right now--has been on the news for several days.  Everyone is off work today, Friday, and there is a big BBQ tomorrow for her.


I think the mission office is going to send our family emails about a fast we're having in the mission this weekend for baptisms.  Thank you for your faith and prayers.

2 comments:

Dawn Smith said...

Congratulations on the positive discussion! Love you!

Brenda said...

Can't wait to hear all about her. (: Hope it went well on Sunday. We did get an email from the mission secretary about the fast. We will make sure we do this. Have a Happy Halloween. Love you!