Yesterday, after breakfast, we took our Elders for their P-Day up the coast toward Nannarup to Two People's Bay and Little Beach. Wow! Oh, wow...This place is the world's best-kept secret. Not even half an hour from here, and the beauty is spectacular!! Just sitting there with nobody but us to appreciate it was this little cove, surrounded on three sides with hillsides and rocks, with white sands and gorgeous green and blue waters rushing in! There was a small stairway down to the sand. Our Elders stopped there for a few minutes with us to gasp at the raw beauty of this pristine place and the power of the sea because not very far out from us, it's deep waters. It was a windy day, so the waves were choppy, but the big ones were powerful coming in. I don't think it will be the same on the little video clips I took, and lately, I have had trouble downloading any of those, but I will try.
When Elder Naruo saw the rocks, he took off his shoes and ran along the rocks, hooting and hollering like a man set free. They can't go on the actual beach, but I guess they can climb the rocks. He's from Micronesia, remember, and it must have felt like home to him. Anyway, as we followed our Elders at a somewhat slower pace, and ended up on a trail which turned into a long trail, partly uphill which led, not back to the place we had left our car, but to the larger bay about 2 miles away! Good thing I had worn my pants instead of my skirt! I rarely do that.
After a while, Elder Ashby went on ahead so that he could cut back to get the car, leaving me in the Elders' care. It was a beautiful hike with awe inspiring views, and beautiful foilage along the way. I stayed on the trail, as there is danger of poisonous plants around, not to mention the very poisionous snakes in this area. I was still a bit dizzy, but so glad to have had that breathtaking experience. I made it!
Elder Ashby and I had packed a picnic dinner, so we broke out the food and ate it in the car on the way back. One bite of my sandwich, and I started getting shocks, so I spat it out, and had to wait till we got home so I could have my yogurt!!
E. Ellingson is probably leaving us this weekend. We are all going up to Perth again, this time for Stake Conference. The Elders also have a transfer meeting, so they have a double reason. We can't take them because we can't fit his luggage in with ours, plus all four of us, plus his bike. Our little Corolla is not our old Camry. (Has anyone heard how the Bryans like our old car?)
Today I got in to see my new GP, Shazzah, Asian, but I don't know yet from where. She seems good; she of course, wants my medical records, so we will write to Erin tonight to ask her if she can call Dr. Gandolfi for us. If anyone reads this today, please call Erin, because she may not see it on her email, and we need to get these requested ASAP.
Anyway, she said I am probably experiencing symptoms of the washing out of all of the drugs I was given in the hospital. She seemed quite surprised at the number of drugs they tried or else the amount they gave me. You, know, these doctors never give you their opinion of other doctors or facilities. She said she won't alter the Lyrica I am taking (it's very expensive) until she gets my medical records. I have some shocks and pain in my teeth yet, but not the intensity of the ones I had a couple of weeks ago. Tonight I cooked a meal for us, and actually got to eat it, though gingerly, in very small bites. I'm quite concerned, actually, about my back teeth on the right side because I haven't been able to care for them properly for some time now.
Anyway, too much detail...
We have a lesson tomorrow with Jill, the lady we were teaching in November, and Carol, her member friend. Elder Ashby is also preparing for Institute class for tomorrow night. We have invited a lot of members. This time he will be teaching an Old Testament course. You might know that I love that!
...I just read Brenda's recent comment that she has this terrible disorder too (trigeminal neuralgia)!!! I am so very very sorry to hear it. It's serious, Brenda. Perhaps, since you are so young, it would be to your advantage to have one of the surgical treatments before it gets worse. You should see your doctor about it now. Mine started in my ear too, but progressed rapidly to my jaw, then to my nose and cheek, then started up toward my eye, but thankfully didn't go all the way. Maybe you can stop it if you act now?...I'm so sorry. I love you. Please email me.
No comments:
Post a Comment