Sunday, January 22, 2012

15 January 2012


SUNDAY.  I find myself in bed at the hospital in Albany.  I have been in here since Thursday night after a completely terrifying day of attacks of  trigeminal neuralgia.  I am finally doing much better today.  It was the first time in 4 days that I ate a meal or could sort of brush my teeth without setting it off.  Even water seemed to set off the attacks.  I have had several good doctors looking after me, and they have changed all my meds, till I don’t know what I’ll be taking when I go home.  But Ray has given me several blessings, and the members are all praying for me, and now the folks at home because they found out too. 

The Duffields have been in to see me several times, among others, and the the Elders, even President and Sister Smibert!  The first time the Elders came, I was having some pain and they were giving me something in my stomach when Elder Ellingson just fainted right away!  We can feel their love for us.  Today was very special when they brought us the Sacrament.  We all had tears streaking our faces afterwards, and Elder Nauruo knelt down by my bed and read me a verse from Alma that talks about the Savior taking all our pains.  I told them how I had been thinking of Him and of Alma who tasted the gall of bitterness and felt excrutiating pain before he was healed.  I love those two sweet young men.  I just wanted to hold them in my arms.  We love each other.

We won’t be able to make the appointment tomorrow with the neurologist in Perth, but maybe the one on Thursday.  Then we will find out what can be done about the future.  Ray was so sweet, and stayed here with me for most of the day again.

I have a most disgusting roommate among the four of us.  She has pretty shocking habits and speech.  Very loud, so it’s hard to ignore.   This is the noisiest hospital stay I have ever had.  Between the four patients in this ward and their visitors, their nurses and doctors, the housecleaners, laundry and cafeteria people popping in and out, patients going home and new patients arriving, etc., etc., there is no chance for rest.  It’s chaos and confusion nonstop, even nighttime!

No comments: