Today I actually got dressed and put on my name tag! We came down to the church to talk to some of our kids on the internet (Ammon and Brennie's families weren't there). What a blessing the internet is! It was so nice to see them again after a while. I'm improving slowly. It has been hard to endure the mouth pain. I haven't been able to endure my toothbrush till yesterday. You can imagine how grateful I was! And my companion too! I still can't bear to brush on the back right or touch the teeth on that side with a washcloth, even. But I have been using some mouthwash carefully lately, and that helps some.
I don't think I told you about the roommate I had for a short time in the hospital. After the Elders helped me on Sunday by giving me the Sacrament, they left, and with no introduction, she approached me and asked if we were Mormons! She said that she had met some Elders when she was 12 years old and that their family had taken them fishing! I invited her to come sit down next to me so that we could talk together, which she did, and we visited for a few minutes. Because of the drugs, I can't remember much of the conversation now, but that she took our phone number and said she would call us next time they go fishing, and take us with them! I hope she really does. Maybe we can then introduce the Gospel to them!
8 comments:
We weren't there either. We had a family get together with Brian's family. Sorry to have missed it. Glad you are feeling better!
Even in a hospital bed, tired, and heavily sedated because of severe pain, you amaze me! The Lord loves you and has need of you. Hoorah for Israel!
So pleased that you are beginning to be yourself again. Take care and know that you must have special things to do in Australia!
We tried. But the internet wasn't working that evening. Hope to see you Tuesday!
I hope she calls you too! Been thinking about you all week... Are you still improving? When we don't see a post for a while, I start to wonder if you are down again.
I'm so glad you are doing better. I am just getting over an episode of the same thing. I get it in my ear - feels just like a bolt of electricity going through my ear. Nothing near as severe as your thank goodness. I think it has finally passed tonight - I'm afraid to even eat on that side for fear it returns. You are in my prayers!!
It was good to see you! I thought for some reason that you would be completely better. I guess I just had so much faith in the new medicine so it was so dissapointing to hear that you were still hurting so much. I can't imagine what this is like for you and I can only think that this is good for lots of reasons. Although, right now it may be so hard to see but....look at those missionaries that visited you and the way that they felt the spirit! Is that part of your mission and part of the sacrifice you are going through. You are being a light even in your be and all around you! Love you!
I light in your bed....not be!
Post a Comment