Hello! And Happy New Year! We so much enjoyed speaking with some of our family over the last week or two. Thanks to the Maloys too for all the nice messages. We feel loved and supported on all sides.
We are tired of the holidays! Only because we can't teach. We have spent the last couple of weeks doing personal things, which is nice, but it gives us a guilty feeling to not be using this time in the Lord's work. No one has wanted to make appointments with us because they have been visiting with family and friends. It was a good thing that we had the mission conference during the Christmas week, because people weren't available. Plus, we are still having great difficulty communicating. We have pretty much given up getting on the net from our flat, but the mission is looking into getting us a new phone contract. That we really need.
Yesterday we got a message from the exec. sec. to the mission president who was coming to Albany with his wife for two nights. So we cleaned house and made a nice dinner for them. Then we moved into the spare bedroom and washed our bedding for them to use. Today we took them sightseeing and visiting members. Then they took us to the old hotel down on York Street for dinner. They are a wonderful couple--Phil and Trisha Baker from Perth. He was one of the speakers at the conference. They have fallen in love with Albany. He is full of great and moving stories, so we want them to come back some time and talk to our young people. It has been fun to be the hosts for once. Two of the senior couples in the office keep trying to find a reason to come down, but haven't made it yet.
I've been having trouble with my flat feet again. I have been wearing my orthotics, but they have been getting steadily worse, so I bought a new set of orthotics, which has helped somewhat. Also, my neck and spine have been such a problem, that I squirm all the time. The members have started bringing me arthritis pain relievers, and books about homeopathic remedies, etc. I hope I can make it through 15 more months. Then I've got to find someone who can help. I'd like to go on another mission before I'm too old and crippled.
6 comments:
It's fun to read about all the things your are doing. Thanks for shareing.
It's fun to read about all the things your are doing. Thanks for shareing.
Trav says you need to tape your feet. He will try to find a video for you and send you the link.
Oh, he also says you need to stay positive about your physical health. Have faith.:) Love you!
Sounds fun to have another couple come and visit! I hope things are picking up again now that the holidays are over. Love you.
Post a Comment