Thursday, May 17, 2012

17 May 2012

I promised to tell the results of the ultrasound on my foot.  I had the benefit of two consulting doctors.  I was cautiously relieved to find that there was no new neuroma, although I don't really believe it, because I know what a neuroma feels like, and I think they missed it.  The plantar fascia is very "thick," they said, which means inflamed, so I'm doing the cold water/hot water soaks when I can.  They found a small ganglion cyst and bursitis as well, but they didn't seem too concerned about those.  They said they want to get the inflammation and swelling down before they fit me for another "harder" orthotic.  Travis showed us yesterday how to tape my foot, so we're trying it today.  If I can't get the inflammation down, I'll have to have cortisone shots in my foot, and I don't want those!


It's definitely the "rainy season now.  It's been raining for days, and it's pretty cold.  I'm going to buy some new shoes soon.  Thanks, my children.



1 comment:

Angie said...

Mom, what kind of shoes are you getting? My friend has plantar fasciitis and says her Dansco shoes have helped so much