Did I tell
you that Joanne was successful in quitting smoking? She said it’s still hard, but so far she has
not had any fall-backs. It worked! We’re excited to talk to her about the
Gospel, but it will have to be when we come back from Bridgetown and Perth. We held a little “party” for her with her
friend, but we were not able to teach her anything there because the friend was
so anti-American and anti- children! Imagine her disgust when she heard that
we have 22 grandchildren!
Now I’m
beginning to understand why there are so few children here, even in the Church,
and why I need to keep my mouth shut about my most precious blessings! Isn’t it the way of Satan to twist things around
so that the good looks bad, and the bad looks good? He has done it with marriage, with sexual
morality, with abortion, etc., and even with the size of families! People here who have large families must
endure some measure of persecution! How
sad, when those children will likely be their most treasured joy, now and later
in the eternal worlds! I couldn’t part
with one of my very wanted children or grandchildren! The more, the better! Each is a jewel in my crown, so to
speak! I must seem so uneducated and
naïve to others…
I am thankful that our prophet leaders have emphasized families to the world, and what a blessing they are.
I am thankful that our prophet leaders have emphasized families to the world, and what a blessing they are.
We have been
making some progress with the Bansoy family, but can only meet with them on
Sundays. That makes it hard, because
like yesterday, they are not always able to make it, and like next Sunday, we
will be gone. So three weeks pass in
between. It’s not ideal, but at least
they are still willing to meet with us, and we give them DVDs to look at in the
meantime. The same thing has been
happening with Krystal and Andrew, Jason and Alisha, Mark and Belinda.
On Saturday
we did some service at the meeting house, cleaning out the library with the
Sisters Doherty. We got rid of a lot of
old stuff that had accumulated for years.
It gave our library a lift, as well as the librarian! Now they need to have the shelves restocked
with current materials. The Church is
thankfully simplifying things, though.
1 comment:
When you say that the church is simplifying things, do you mean the whole church in general, or your church there?
Wow! I'm so glad you decided to have us kids!! I'm grateful for my life, and so grateful for my kids! You are right when you say that they bring the most happiness! Ray and I smile and laugh every day at funny things our kids do. We are so glad that we decided to dive in and have kids soon after marriage! What a blessing!
I love you both so much!
Love, Dawn
Post a Comment