Several days
after the baptism I forgot one time to take my evening meds and started having
a series of attacks of trigeminal neuralgia.
We drove to Bridgetown, only to cancel our appointments and come back
the next morning. It became steadily
worse and worse each day till I couldn’t eat or even drink. If anything came in contact with my right side
bottom teeth, anything with salt, sugar, or fat especially, I had another
screaming attack! I was drinking warm
water with a straw in the back of my mouth as much as I could, but even that
made me cry out in pain, until early this morning, Elder Ashby took me to the
hospital emergency room.
They put me
on IV drips for dehydration and gave me some meds for pain. I had not eaten for four and a half days and
had overdosed a bit on Lyrica, trying to get some relief. I was trembling uncontrollably. We had been awake for most of the night,
trying to get something into me. Even
taking the meds made me scream for several minutes.
Finally while I got a little bit of sleep, he
went online to research TN and the available medications. We were in contact with President and Sister
Lindsay, and we began to think we were headed home. President Lindsay gave us the name of a
neurologist in the States, SLC I think, who would be willing to counsel us, so
while I was getting settled down in the hospital, Ray went to the church and
made an international call to U.S.A. to someone who really seemed to know
something about TN! He came back,
looking more confident and optimistic than before, especially when he saw that
my color was coming back, and I was
feeling better. I have had one attack
since we came home, but I’m trying to keep ahead of the pain, and drink lots of
water, albeit warm and through a straw.
I even got down ½ cup of Angie’s wonderful Butternut Squash soup,
watered down of course. At the moment,
we have the opening ceremony of the London Olympics on, and my husband is
getting a well-deserved nap.
Of course,
things are not secure yet, since I am still feeling so weak and volatile. But the fact that I am typing this is evidence
that things are looking up. I have felt
the love and prayers of those at home who love me. Thank you.
I’ll keep
you posted.
4 comments:
So sorry to learn about the recent TN attacks. Thankfully, it sounds like you are on the mend again. Hopefully the new medical information and counseling will help. We continue to pray for you daily. Godspeed!
Oh my dear mother! I am so, so sorry this has been so hard for you! What did the doctor from the states say? We are praying for you. I love you so much!
Oh! I am so sorry! You looked so happy and upbeat yesterday, Mom! I never would've guessed you went through such a horrific ordeal again! I hope what the SLC doctor says helps!
Love you!
I just reAd this after talking to you on google (or trying to)... So sorry. I'm glad you are a little better!
Post a Comment