Tuesday, July 31, 2012

1 August 2012

Last night we went to the Pansoys again with one of the members to teach part of Lesson 5, the after-baptism part.  I had been reading 3 Nephi 11-21 about the Savior's visit to the Nephites after His resurrection.  Remember the part where He said they had more faith than the Jews, so He could show them more glorious things, like angels ministering to their children, etc.?  Well, as I looked at those beautiful brown faces last night, so eager to learn, I could imagine them being there with the Savior, and the Savior weeping with the love He felt for them, just like I do!  They are so willing and humble, I feel that they could teach me!  I wish you could know them.  I asked Erin to find a young woman about Jellie's age who would be willing to write to her on the email.  She's way down here, all alone in the Church--has never even seen another Mormon Young Woman her age!  They have childlike faith to accept and do whatever the Lord has revealed.  When I asked how their own FHE went, they all agreed that it went great, and that even John enjoyed it!  He's the one child who can't speak English.  I told them last time to be sure to include him in the FHE, because he always goes to sleep in our meetings with them, though he's always there.  I like the way these parents get their children to obey.  Every one of them has been to our discussions, except once when Jellie had to work.  When we left, I got 3 hugs from Laila and 2 from Jellie.  They're naturally quiet people, so they don't say much, but feel a lot.

I'm doing a lot better.  I ate an egg and some oatmeal this morning, my first solid food, except for soups, in at least 2 weeks!  We haven't been out much together for a while until last night, so I have nothing to report, except that I'm still glad to be on a mission!  This would probably have happened anyway, whether here or there.


To my family:  I hope you all know how very much we love you, and are so proud of you.  Your lives reflect the faith and love you have for the Lord, and I know He looks on you in the same way we do, or the way He looked on those Nephites who wept when He said He needed to leave.  Thank you for your prayers and concern.  I gotta admit, I longed for you this week, just to hold and comfort me, but I'm OK again now.  Your dad is wonderful.  So protective and loving.  But he's not as soft as my sweet girls...

2 comments:

Angie said...

Oh we love you too mom. So sorry you have to go through this!
I've also got some sweet young women...(if Erin doesn't!)

Brenda said...

Hey Mom! I know it's been a long time! Being busy really isn't an excuse so I won't say it... (: I sure love you though! I am so sorry you are going through this crazy TN!! It was a little unclear what the SLC doctor said to do. Can you explain and did it help? I am so excited for your baptism that you just had! (:
Happy anniversary tomorrow!