We had a fun FHE with the Cowcill family. We took costumes and props and made the "old world" and the "new world" out of rope. Then we role played the family of Lehi coming to America (which the kids kept calling U.S.A.). We let the youngest boy be "Jesus" (for which he rewarded me with a huge smile and a big hug when we left, which has never happened before!) and demonstrated how He came to both worlds. That was fun. Their eldest girl is Hope Dau, who reminds me of Tera.
The other good thing that happened is that Jason and Alisha met with us again. They had kept their commitments, and accepted a Bk. of M. for each of them. He is going again to the mines for 2 weeks, so we're hoping he gets a few moments to read each day. We asked them to pray, but the mother came in at the end and cut our session short, so we didn't get to review the promises and bear testimony again. But we know they know we know!!!
Sunday was hard for me. I was shunned by two people in the branch. But my companion gave me comfort, and I stayed for all the meetings, and was just fine.
Last night we had a wonderful session with the Duffields. This, after such a negative one last time! Christine even said, "Richard, isn't this the nicest couple we've had in many years?"
Moving on...
2 comments:
Are you still teaching your Sunday Scool class?
I've probably answered this already, since I'm going back a ways to answer questions...I was removed from Gos. Doct., but I am teaching a Gos. Princ. class now.
Post a Comment