We are at the church tonight,
having typical trouble picking up the streaming of a meeting in Perth by some
of the general authorities visiting here from Young Men and Sunday School. Communications in WA are always a problem for
us, and it is so frustrating!
Sunday night now. We have a few minutes to work on the
computers or to make calls about our missionary work. Right now it seems that avenues are beginning
to open up in Albany. We have had a
couple of people come to us this week while we’ve been here to ask about church
programs such as emergency preparedness, etc.
So we have a couple of referrals from that. But right now we are teaching a couple of
young men, Tyson, and hopefully Thomas, plus the family we have been working
with. (I don’t refer to them with a name
because they are a “partnership.” Even
they don’t know what to call themselves.)
We also have one member lady who has started the stop smoking lessons,
and several others who are interested.
We have made some new contacts yesterday besides these which are
possibilities.
We are going this week,
however, to Bridgetown, so we must put everything here on hold for a few days
and change our gears a bit for a whole new branch and a whole new set of
people, problems, opportunities, etc. We
dearly love the assignment we have to go to Bridgetown, but in a way, it
prevents us from moving ahead here smoothly, plus it’s hard to give proper
attention to our callings in the Branch.
I found out today that I am supposed to be visiting 4 ladies on a
visiting teaching list, besides the 5 Home Teaching families we have! I am not exactly safe to drive, so we’re
going to have to work something out, because my partner doesn’t drive either.
I’ve been having some more
shocks. Not as hard, nor long, but it
scares the daylights out of me. I hope
it doesn’t mean that I am going to have another full-blown attack. Everyone, including my sweet husband, is very
supportive, and sympathetic, but there isn’t anything we can do! It has always happened when I’ve been eating,
so I guess I’d better stop that! Don’t
worry. Just pray! I think (hope) that the nerve blockers I am
taking will stop the shocks from getting as bad as they were before.
Today Sister Radys told me
her conversion story. She was in the Anglican
Church before, which is most common here, so it was fun to hear somebody who
has compared the church to the true church and found the Anglican lacking! For her, the big thing was the authority, or
Priesthood. Sometimes though, people don’t
take kindly to being told that they aren’t really baptized!
No comments:
Post a Comment