Elder Ashby taught institute
class with even more students! That’s
going so great! He’s drawing quite a
large class for such a small branch.
We had a meeting with Jacinta
David, our YSA rep. She’s going to start
having activities on Mondays, and is planning some firesides. My E. Ashby is over that in the branch.
Then today I drove out to
Duffield’s all alone and had a long talk with Christine. We read the 13th chapter of lst
Nephi and part of the 14th. I
answered questions and told her all the things I was inspired to write that
Sunday when I first came out of the hospital.
She told me about all the “stumbling blocks” she is tripping over, and
we had a serious talk for an hour and a half about it.
I told her that the Lord
wants her in the church. She’s had years
to prepare, and has heard the lessons so many times that she is sure she can
teach them to me! But perhaps she is
part of the reason I came to this land down under! I challenged her again to read even bits of
the Book of Mormon and pray about it.
She admits that she hasn’t read it! Reluctantly, she said she would do that, and
ask us when she has questions. Even that
is a victory. Earlier in the
conversation, I had declined the privilege of teaching her the lessons when she
stubbornly insisted that “we could teach her if we wanted, but she wouldn’t
read the Book of Mormon!”
1 comment:
I'll pray that Christine will read the B of M and gain a testimony!
Post a Comment