Thursday, February 23, 2012

21 February 2012



I got a note from Dave, my brother, who said that he had to look up WA to see what it meant.  I’m sorryl  I didn’t realize that I was using an acronym that only Aussies would understand!  Keep me on my toes!

I do believe this is one of the few ideal places the Lord could have sent us.  Albany summers are not so bad (we’ve only had a few really hot days because the wind usually cools things off), and we're hoping, winters aren’t too bad either!  The rest of the time, it’s gorgeous weather and breathtakingly beautiful here.  We're doing what we love.  So even though I haven't had good health, I still feel as well as I would anyway, so I might as well be here, right?  I guess I have to accept the fact that my body is not going to allow me all the privileges I have always enjoyed, whether I like it or not!  I am so glad I have a patient husband.  I hope that my illness doesn't mean that we will not be allowed to go on another mission before we're done.  I have had some more painful shocks in the last few days.  I am resting often and trying to be careful about my eating.  I know that if I have to go into the hospital again, then it will be likely that we will be sent home.  I don't want that.  

I have been to a general practitioner here TWICE in the last week (shame on us!), who has both times refused to treat me because of the lack of medical records.  I had in hand all that I had received from home, and all that I had brought with me, and even a copy of the medical questionnaire I had to fill out before our mission; she refused them all.  We had been told by phone that the records had been received from the neurologist in Perth, but of course, the office couldn't find it.  Anyway, we had to pay for both visits, $140 for NOTHING, even though I appealed to the doctor in person for leniency on that, since it was not our fault.  She was heartless... I didn't even mention the Gospel to her!

That aside, I love the people here; they feel like family.  And I feel the love and support of the ones I left at home, as well as these I love here.  I also have faith in a loving God who will not leave me comfortless.  So I will be all right.  I am often thankful for an earthly father who showed his love in tender ways, because it has never been hard for me to imagine my Heavenly Father watching over me with the same loving glance or thoughtful regard.  I am hoping for good health in the coming days so that we can get back to work.

1 comment:

Angie said...

I bet it's maddening that no one can do anything because of some misplaced paperwork! Ahhh! We're still praying for you.