Driving to Albany...People told us it would be long
and boring, with nothing but sheep to look at. I
thought it was beautiful, and I didn't dare go to
sleep because I was afraid to miss something. (See
video)
Driving in Albany...I don't even want to learn to drive! Later maybe. Now I am completely lost all the time. Ray is getting better, but we have been lost several times and had to stop and check the map or get out the GPS. He's trying not to use it so much so that he gets better oriented. The roads seem narrower (there are no shoulders) and I get nervous when he gets too close to the left side because the trees are close, etc. Most of the roads are two-lane only, and never never straight, always curvey. We have no compass, so we usually are going the wrong way. What an adventure! The parking spots are horrendous! We can barely get in our tiny little garage without doing a 3point turn. We still go to the wrong sides of the car, and have a good laugh when he turns on the windshield wipers every time he wants to make a turn. It's called the "American Wave." Blinkers are "indicators" and we don't pass, we "overtake."
Well, we have to go home and get to bed. We had to come over to the church tonight to write this because they have Wifi, and we can't get connected at home yet. I'll try to get him to get over here again tomorrow because I have so much to tell you!
2 comments:
We can't remember what the time difference is again. The kids are wondering. They thought it was funny about the windshield wipers...aka the "american wave" and how you go to the wrong side of the cars to drive.
Kayli says "You are so so so soooo far away!"
Travis and Canyon say, "It is so fun to read your blog together"
We love when you post! WE are checking daily so keep it up.
Canyon says they are having a Veterans Day Assembly again and he wishes "Elder Ashby could come!"
Erin, good idea reading it together. I think I better start that so everyone is involved. Mom and Dad, glad you are still alive after your first driving adventures. Sounds kind of scary!
Post a Comment