Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sep 14, 2011

Today was our third day in the MTC.  Just for a minute I'm going to write a few things before we fall into bed.  We're having a wonderful time.  This place is just amazing.  Last night Elder and Sister Ballard spoke to us, and when I heard those 2500 Elders and Sisters sing Called To Serve, it was so powerful, I just couldn't keep the tears from streaming down my face!

The Elders treat us just great.  They speak to us everywhere we go, and hold doors and push us to the front of lines, etc.  They're so young!  We love this so much.   Today I got my last shot, so now we should be set to go.  The meals are wonderful.  It's very hard not to eat too much.  We haven't had time for exercise yet, either.  But I'm trying to be wise.  The other senior missionaries are lots of fun.  We have 5 pairs in our district with 2 main young teachers.  Today we gave the first lesson to a pretend investigator.  Even though we are older and very experienced, we were all nervous because the teachers were watching on the cameras from the other room.  They then evaluated us and gave us suggestions afterwards.  Tomorrow we have to do the second lesson on the Plan of Salvation.  The teachers are amazing, and even more, we have realized how wonderful our manual, Preach My Gospel is.

There is hardly any time for journals, etc.  I have this new little MacBook Air, and I can't figure out how to get around on it yet.  Wish I had one of you to give me some quick lessons.  That's why I haven't got any photos on here yet.  I haven't the time to look at the tutorials on the web yet.







I nodded off several times in one of the main meetings today.  We're always on the job, and I'm so tired!  We get to go to the Temple Saturday morning.  Anybody want to go with us?  We actually have the whole weekend, but we didn't know that before, so we've already paid for our meals and room, so we'll probably stay here most of the time.  We are flying out on Monday at 5:00.

5 comments:

Ammon & Liz Ashby said...

Sounds Great. What time Saturday?.. We would have to get a babysitter so let us know asap.

Jane McBride said...

Told you you would love the MTC! Nervewracking and tiring but you will ALWAYS remember it! And those young men are out in the field too. Sometimes they forget bits of the "how to treat senior missionaries" but most of the time it continues and they make life very pleasant when you are around them.

Angie said...

I'm so excited to read your blog! I keep thinking, Oh, I should call Mom and Dad about...OH. I guess I'd better get used to writing...
I guess I'm on my own with my canning questions... Bummer. Sounds like you are doing great. We love you.

Brenda said...

Hey! It was so fun to talk to you yesterday! Sounds like everything is going great so far. We are praying that your flight tomorrow will be great too, or at least as great as you can get right?? Love you!!!

Erin said...

Lookin good. Now you need to learn how to do pix and we want to hear about your flight. We love you!