Tuesday, November 1, 2011

2 November 2011

So wonderful to finally connect with most of you this morning!  I felt like I had been home for a visit.  Ray Smith was listening for a little while, but didn't say much; and though Dawn was on her way to Angie's in the car, we did get to visit with her yesterday.  How blessed we are to have so many wonderful people who care about us and pray for us!  Thank you so much.  We wonder too about lots of our friends at home, and how everyone is doing.


Yesterday we drove out to a beautiful little town called Denmark, which is about 53 km away, or I think about 32 miles.  We had some members to check on, plus a couple of nonmembers who have shown interest before.  They were mostly unproductive visits, though.  Ray did spend about 45 minutes at the door of one man who turned out to be a born-again Christian.  He listened quite a bit, but in the end, would not take a Book of Mormon.  We had stopped there for directions, so I was sitting in the car for most of that time, but when it went on so long, I wrote in the front of a Book of Mormon and took it up to the door and joined the conversation.  I added my testimony to what Ray had said, but we were so disappointed that he wouldn't budge.  It sounded like he was quoting some of the verses in 2 Ne. 29.  Such a good man who could have really strengthened the branch.  


2 comments:

Angie said...

We are reading these together tonight. Sorry you didn't get to give your B of M away!

Erin said...

Although he may not seem to want to hear more, it starts with line upon line. You are making a difference.